Clicky here to take a gander at the lineup. These professional development opportunities are specifically targeted to the needs of editorial freelancers, and you will not get more bang for your buck taking similar classes elsewhere. Three courses take place in a cyber classroom (so anyone, anywhere can take them!), and the others happen either at EFA's New York headquarters or in Seattle. The Seattle thing is new — I'm trying to expand the program to freelance hubs outside NYC to better serve our many non-NY members. I chose to pilot the expansion in Seattle because that's where I am!
Classes start in mid October and run through December. They include
- Copyediting Basics (online)
- Cultivating Your Client List (online)
- Writing from Healthy Starts (online)
- Substantive Editing Clinic (NYC)
- Advanced Substantive Editing Clinic (NYC)
- Writing Winning Book Proposals (Seattle)
All EFA events are open to members and nonmembers. Visit the EFA site for full details and to register!