Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Okay, Checking In

So. Late-day yesterday, I realized I'd done nothing to further my current revision project this week. Won't do when you've signed on for the Smackdown.

Early this morning before getting down to my regular business, I read the agent's post I'd flagged and checked in on today's revision tips on the Brimstone Soup and Cuppa Jolie blogs. If nothing else revisiony happens today, at least I've got lots of helpful reminders about the process floating around in the back of my head.

I've decided that my Week 2 goals have to stay somewhat modest in order to align with my deadline-heavy workweek. It's okay, I think, to not have a grand plan at all times but instead to sometimes just do what I can. So from now till Monday, I'll be sneaking in an hour or two (or just 10 minutes if that's all there is) of focused revision time as opportunities present themselves.

As luck would have it, Opportunity is knocking right now. I'd better go!

No comments: