- First Day of Winter by Denise Fleming (prereaders)
- When Winter Comes by Nancy Van Laan (ages 4–8)
- Moonbeams, Dumplings, and Dragon Boats by Nina Simonds, Leslie Swartz, and the Boston Children’s Museum (ages 4–8)
- Unique Monique by Maria Rousaki (ages 4–8)
- The Little House Box Set by Laura Ingalls Wilder (ages 8+)
Friday, December 14, 2007
December "Hooked on Reading"
My book review column went live today. This month's picks include a duet of lovely winter-based stories; a fun, informative collection of Chinese holiday tales and traditions; a book celebrating the individual in each of us; and an evergreen novel series that's still relevant 75 years after its first title was published.