|A Girl Writing. c. 1520. Netherlandish.|
So, my plan is to publicly declare my end-of-year writing goals. If these are in my planner and on my blog, I can't miss. (Of course it doesn't hurt that a couple of the goals are also stated in a signed-by-me contract.)
Before the sun sets on December 2010, I hereby vow to accomplish the following writing activities.
- Weekdays: From 8:30 a.m. (ish) to 6:00 p.m. (ish), I will work on researching and writing the six-title nonfiction picture book series I'm contracted to complete in January.
- Evenings and weekends, whenever I can: I will make clear, measurable progress on my two pet (read: not under contract) WIPs, a picture book and a YA novel. By the end of the month, I will complete a full draft of my picture book and a revised, detailed outline of my novel.
- December 5, 12, and 19 (all Sundays): I will share drafts of my pet picture book with workshop group colleagues.
- December 6 (a Monday): I will wrap up official online discussions for the writing-biz class I've been teaching.
- December 7, 14, and 21 (all Tuesdays): I will finish writing feedback on my workshop colleagues' picture book manuscripts.
- December 13 and 20 (both Mondays): I will turn in the first two of the six nonfiction picture book manuscripts mentioned up top.
P.S. For added accountability, I've also shared my intentions over at Cuppa Jolie. Anyone else want to state your goals for December's we-will-write-it cause?