I love the easy online format — the class gets its own discussion board in Yahoo! Groups, which makes it easy for participants to post writing, questions, and feedback anytime the urge strikes. This is NOT a critique group — we won't be looking at participants' previously-written material. Rather, we will use the workshop to take a closer look at the craft of writing for children, open each writer's story-idea floodgates, and fuel each writer's quest to start a new project.
What we'll do:
- easy reflection exercises
- fun journaling activities
- focused writing exercises
- informative readings
- casual group discussions
Why we'll do it:
- to explore personal writing motivations
- to foster creativity
- to facilitate the writing process (put another way: to make you START WRITING that idea you've been kicking around for months . . . or, heck, years)
- to look at published samples and read helpful biz-related info from a variety of sources
- to share writing insights with peers
Where and when class meets:
- 6 Fridays in a row — at whatever time you feel like checking email or signing in to the course Web page
For a workshop description, student testimonials, and registration info, surf on over to the Editorial Freelancers Association course catalog.
If you have any questions, feel free to post a comment here on the blog.
I hope to see you in class!