Thursday, January 10, 2008

Picture Books for the Digital Age

Have you seen Lookybook yet? It's an online collection of picture books that you can "flip through" on your monitor. You just click to turn the page. Here's a digital rendering of The Blizzard by Betty Ren Wright.



The reader/reviewer in me loves it: What a resource. Books at my fingertips. And such easy access. It's pretty cool.

The author in me is less enthusiastic. It gives me that slippery-slope-of-decreasing-authors'-rights feeling. And, for young kids, I hate the thought of their reading experience shifting to the computer screen.

I'll have to mull it over a bit more to form a solid opinion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another similar site worth checking out is: http://www.biguniverse.com/; you can read hundreds of books online and also create & publish your own children's picture e-Book!